Protecting sensitive sectors of the Indian economy against the adverse impact of the trade liberalization like dumping and subsidy from any exporting country, by way of carrying out investigations in a transparent and time bound manner to remove trade distortive effects to the domestic industry under Customs Tariff Act and WTO framework by way of recommending imposition of anti-dumping duty/countervailing duty to the GOI.
- Conducting anti-dumping investigations and recommendation to GoI.
- Conducting anti-subsidy/CVD investigations and recommendation to GoI.
- Conducting safeguard investigations and recommendation to GoI
- Handling Litigation matters before CESTAT, High Courts and Supreme Court of India.
- Conducting Outreach programmes to create and spread conceptual awareness and explain the working of DGTR
- Exchange of information with WTO.